Friday, February 2, 2007

So Close...

Had to laugh this morning when I read "Celia's" comment about not being as clever as she - I wasn't the one married to a spy without my knowledge! I knew everything about Holly's past when I married, we had no secrets. Well, except one. Unlike now. Everything seemed wrapped in secrecy now.

I decided to chuck the pub and went to Elizabeth's. I waited for an hour and just as I was about to leave, I looked across the avenue and there she stood - my beautiful Holly. When our eyes locked, I could feel the old electricity coursing between us. We've still got it. I thought for sure that this was it, but then something changed. Her eyes darted to the left and then a look of panic crossed her face. Before I knew what was happening, she was gone. The streets were crowded and I tried to reach to her, but she slipped away. I thought I saw someone run after her, but I can't be sure.

Holly, what have you gotten yourself involved in and why won't you let me help you?