Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Fashion Week Frenzy

I followed Holly’s trail to NYC – it’s as cold as a witch’s tit here, why couldn’t she have gone back to Miami?

Fashion Week is in full swing and the place is crawling with beautiful women in beautiful clothes. I went to a couple of shows hoping I’d see Holly. I figured she’d be easy to spot – just look for a beautiful woman in a hat, but I saw not one hat. It gave me the idea though to stake out her favorite hat shop on 5th Ave. After a few hours, I gave up and went inside, how surprised was I to see that Pierre is still there. We talked about old times and laughed at memories, like the time Holly went in to buy one hat and came out 6 hours later with 10 having spent around $800. I could never stay mad at her though, never. Anyway, Pierre told me that Holly had been there the night before, coming in right before closing and bought the most bonzer hat ever. Armed with that info, I went off to a few night shows in hopes of finding her. Again no luck, but I have a feeling that tomorrow will be my lucky day.

Feb. 7th, our 24th wedding anniversary and if I know Holly, she’ll be feeling what I’m feeling – sadness. And when Holly’s sad, fashion and shopping make her happy.....at least for a little while.

It’s gonna be a great day, I can just feel it. Look out Holly, here I come!