Saturday, February 10, 2007

My First Day in Greece

I arrived late last night on Olympic Airlines toGreece. From there, it was two long ferry rides across the Mediterranean in a cold drizzling rain. I kept thinking about Holly, her perfume, her hat, and what sort of crisis she was mucked up in. It better not involve Monkeys. Or Spencer. (Who am I kidding? Same difference.)

Anyway, I awoke expecting blue skies and almost forgot that in February, the Cyclades is a dreary, dreary place---you would be better off in Minnesota. No wonder Mikkos wanted to build a weather machine. I stared down at my cold Turkish coffee and the plate of runny white yogurt with honey. Gross. I had a sudden inkling for cold Chinese food when a pair of soft hands wrapped around my eyes. I resisted the urge to slam down the intruder with one, quick, fatal blow,and gently removed the hands. It was Connie. She was older, we all are, after all.But she looked good.