Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Port Charles Just Got a Little Darker.

I just got a call from Robin. She is doing well, but she did have bad news. It seems Alan Quartermaine died of a heart attack. He was always good to Robin. He was there for her when she was diagnosed with HIV, and I understand he fought to take care of Robin when she was shot. Those thugs cost him his life. I cannot believe how that hostage situation went down. What the bloody hell is going on in that town! I should have made sure that little mobster didn't get that antidote last year. Tony Jones died, another good man, so a career criminal could live. I owe Alan a great deal. I suppose I will never have a chance to thank him for any of that. I remember suspecting him in quite a few crimes, Susan Moore's murder, the Beatrice case at that bloody spa. Not that he didn't have a temper, but Alan actually seemed to be normal among that crazy lot. He was a giant among men and Port Charles is going to be a little darker and sadder without him. He was a great man.

Thinking about Alan dying has gotten me thinking. You never know. One thing about Alan was he spent his life helping people and with his family. He had the love of his life beside him for something like 30 years. Damn it all, here I am chasing the love of my life all over the globe. I should never have left her alone all those years ago in Australia. I should have told her how much I loved her 15 years ago. We lost so many years. I am more determined then ever to find her. I refuse to waste the rest of my life living it without her.