Sunday, January 21, 2007

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Ah - the Sunshine State - I'm finally warm again. What with all this crazy global weather, you'd almost think the Cassadines were up to their old tricks again. Yesterday, I had a quick lunch with Mac at the PCPD. After talking about the girls and all their drama, we got into another argument about the way he’s running things over there. It’s a shame how much the place has changed. Part of me really misses being Police Commissioner. And how the hell did Malcolm end up with that job anyway? After that, I headed over to the hospital to grab a cup of coffee with Robin and let her know my plans. Something’s up between her and that kid Drake so she was less angry with me and more upset with him. She promised we’d have dinner when I get back into town. At least that’s something – right? And she isn’t against the idea of me looking for Holly – even said it would be a good distraction for me. From what, I’m not sure. So I stopped by the Haunted Star and tied up some loose ends, then headed for the airport. Why wait – right?

It was a nice, uneventful flight. I downloaded the first 4 episodes of 24 to the iPod before leaving, so I watched those to pass the time. Jack Bauer. I’ve saved the world a time or two myself, you know. It’s an entertaining show, but I have to say I saw the Curtis thing coming a mile away.

In the airport I was reminded of the time Holly and I flew down here looking for leads on the Brock murder case. It was a quick trip – we didn’t even leave the airport. We should have taken a few days, gone to the beach, enjoyed some uninterrupted alone time. We never had enough of that. Anyway, I’ve checked into the Ritz-Carlton South Beach. I figure it’s as good a place as any to start looking for Holly. They have those strolling tanning butlers, four poster beds, and a steam room. I have a couple of leads I’ll be following up on later today. Who knows – maybe by tonight I’ll be sharing the steam room – just like old times.